Attorney Glorily A. López exclusively practices U.S. immigration and nationality law. Her experience in this field includes extensive work with family-based, employment-based, business-based and individual immigration petitions, as well as consular processing, naturalization/citizenship, and removal/deportation defense.
Attorney López has earned a solid reputation as one of the top immigration attorneys in the state of Wisconsin and nationwide. She has been consistently named on lists for Best Lawyers® in America (including "Madison Lawyer of the Year - Immigration" in both 2013 and 2016), and Wisconsin Super Lawyers® Rising Stars in the field of Immigration Law. In 2016, she was named one of "Wisconsin's 48 Most Powerful Latinos" by Madison365. She is rated "10.0-Superb" on Avvo.com and was given the Avvo "Clients' Choice Award" in 2012.
From 2009 to 2011, López held the offices of Chair of the Wisconsin Chapter of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), and Governor at Board of Governors of AILA at the national level. Her long-standing membership with AILA allows her to stay current on changes to immigration laws, policies and regulations and provide up-to-date advice to her clients.
López is an ardent advocate for comprehensive immigration reform and maintains ongoing contact with members of the Wisconsin congressional delegation regarding issues such as comprehensive immigration reform, H-1B and employment-based immigration relief. She travels to Washington, D.C. to discuss with members of Congress immigration issues affecting businesses and families, as well as the need for comprehensive immigration reform.
Prior to joining Murphy Desmond as a shareholder in 2012, López was the principal attorney at López Law Group, LLC, an immigration firm she founded and managed for more than 11 years. López is fluent in Spanish and English, and provides bilingual representation to a diverse group of individuals, families, employers, and businesses.
Listen to La Movida radio station (WLMV 1480AM) for Attorney López’s call-in/text-in radio show on Friday mornings between 10:00-11:00 a.m.
See here to watch an interview with Attorney Lopez on WKOW TV in Madison regarding the farming industry in Wisconsin and immigration issues.
- Wisconsin, 2001
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit, 2003
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2004
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin, 2001
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, 2000, J.D.
- University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, Minnesota, 1996, B.A.
Awards & Recognition
- ThreeBest Rated, Madison Immigration Lawyer (2016)
- Rated 10.0 "Superb" on Avvo.com
- Si se Puede: Wisconsin's 48 Most Powerful Latinos, Madison365 (2016)
- Madison Lawyer of the Year-Immigration Law, Best Lawyers in America (2013, 2016)
- Best Lawyers in America - Immigration Law (2007 - present)
- Wisconsin Super Lawyers® Rising Stars (2006 - 2013)
- Named a "Top Lawyer" - Immigration Law, Madison Magazine (2003 - 2009)
- Global Who’s Who Top Lawyers, 2014
- AVVO "Clients' Choice 2012" Award
Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Wisconsin (2001 - present)
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), Member (2001 - present)
- AILA, Board of Governors (2009 - 2011)
- AILA Wisconsin, Chapter Chair (2009 - 2011)
- AILA Wisconsin Chapter Vice Chair (2007 - 2009); Treasurer (2005 - 2007)
- AILA Congressional Liaison (2004 - present)
- AILA Wisconsin Chapter, Committee Chair, USICE Liaison (2012 - present)
- American Immigration Council, Member (2001 - present)
- Federal Bar Association, Immigration Law Section (2012 - present)
- National Immigration Project of the National Lawyers Guild (2002 - present)
- ASISTA, Private Attorney Member (2004 - present)
- Dane County Bar Association (2012 - present)
- Wisconsin Hispanic Lawyers Association (WHLA), Board of Governors (2005 - 2007) (2013 - 2015)
- Latino Chamber of Commerce, Business Member (2010 - present)
- Latino Professionals Association of Greater Madison, Member (2013 - present)
- Greater Madison Chamber of Commerce, Board Member (2012 - 2014)
- Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM), Member (2014 - present)
- National Association of Foreign Student Advisors (NAFSA), Member (2014 - present)
- LGBT Bar Association of Wisconsin, Member (2014 - present)