Attorney Glorily A. López exclusively practices U.S. immigration and nationality law, assisting individuals, families, and corporate clients. Her experience includes extensive work with family, employment, business and individual-based immigration petitions, as well as consular processing, naturalization, citizenship, and removal defense.
Attorney López has earned a solid reputation as one of the top immigration attorneys in Wisconsin and nationally. She has been consistently named on lists for Best Lawyers® in America since 2005 (including "Madison Lawyer of the Year - Immigration" in both 2013 and 2016), and Wisconsin Super Lawyers® Rising Stars in Immigration Law. In 2016, she was named one of "Wisconsin's 48 Most Powerful Latinos" by Madison365. She is rated "10.0-Superb" on Avvo.com and was given the Avvo "Clients' Choice Award" in 2012.
Attorney López is an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), the national association of attorneys and law professors who practice and teach immigration law. Founded in 1946, AILA is a nonpartisan, not-for-profit organization that provides continuing legal education, information to the public, professional services, and expertise through its 39 chapters and over 50 national liaison committees.
Attorney López has served at Board of Governors of AILA at the national level, and held various officer positions including AILA Wisconsin Chapter Chair, Vice-Chair, Treasurer, and Liaison to various important government agencies including USCIS, USICE, USCBP, and Wisconsin DMV. Her long-standing membership with AILA allows her to stay current on changes to immigration laws, policies and regulations and provide up-to-date advice to her clients, in high-stake issues, which are often time-sensitive.
Attorney López is an ardent advocate for comprehensive immigration reform and maintains ongoing contact with members of the Wisconsin congressional delegation in Washington D.C. regarding issues, such as comprehensive immigration reform, H-1B, and employment-based immigration reform. Attorney López also travels to Washington, D.C. and regularly meets with local congressional staffers to discuss immigration issues affecting Wisconsin businesses and families.
Prior to joining Murphy Desmond as a shareholder in 2012, Attorney López was the principal attorney at López Law Group, an immigration boutique firm she founded and managed for more than 11 years. Attorney López is fluent in English and Spanish, and provides bilingual representation to her clients.
Listen to La Movida radio station (WLMV 1480AM) for Attorney López’s call-in/text-in radio show on Friday mornings between 10:00-11:00 a.m.
Attorney López is a frequent resource for local media and in the community regarding various immigration topics.
- In Business Magazine – Regarding the impact of the latest immigration policies on business owners
- WKOW – Immigration lawyers respond to recent executive orders on the ban.
- WMTV – “United We Stand” conference in January 2017, López speaks to group.
- WKOW – López interviewed regarding the farming industry and immigration in Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin, 2001
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit, 2003
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2004
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin, 2001
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, 2000, J.D.
- University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, Minnesota, 1996, B.A.
Awards & Recognition
- ThreeBest Rated, Madison Immigration Lawyer (2016)
- Rated 10.0 "Superb" on Avvo.com
- Si se Puede: Wisconsin's 48 Most Powerful Latinos, Madison365 (2016)
- Madison Lawyer of the Year-Immigration Law, Best Lawyers in America (2013, 2016)
- Best Lawyers in America - Immigration Law (2007 - present)
- Wisconsin Super Lawyers® Rising Stars (2006 - 2013)
- Named a "Top Lawyer" - Immigration Law, Madison Magazine (2003 - 2009)
- Global Who’s Who Top Lawyers, 2014
- AVVO "Clients' Choice 2012" Award
Associations and Memberships
- AILA Chicago Chapter, Member (2010 - present)
- AILA Wisconsin Chapter, Member (2001 - present)
- State Bar of Wisconsin (2001 - present)
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), Member (2001 - present)
- AILA, Board of Governors (2009 - 2011)
- AILA Wisconsin, Chapter Chair (2009 - 2011)
- AILA Wisconsin Chapter Vice Chair (2007 - 2009); Treasurer (2005 - 2007)
- AILA Congressional Liaison (2004 - present)
- AILA Wisconsin Chapter, Committee Chair, USICE Liaison (2012 - present)
- AILA Wisconsin Chapter, Committee Chair, USCBP Liaison
- AILA Wisconsin Chapter, Committee Chair, Wisconsin DMV (2016-present)
- American Immigration Council, Member (2001 - present)
- Federal Bar Association, Immigration Law Section (2012 - present)
- National Immigration Project of the National Lawyers Guild (2002 - present)
- ASISTA, Private Attorney Member (2004 - present)
- Dane County Bar Association (2012 - present)
- Wisconsin Hispanic Lawyers Association (WHLA), Board of Governors (2005 - 2007; 2013 - 2015)
- Latino Chamber of Commerce, Business Member (2010 - present)
- Latino Professionals Association of Greater Madison, Member (2013 - present)
- Greater Madison Chamber of Commerce, Board Member (2012 - 2014)
- Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM), Member (2014 - present)
- National Association of Foreign Student Advisors (NAFSA), Member (2014 - present)
- LGBT Bar Association of Wisconsin, Member (2014 - present)
- Interviewed for feature article: "Buy American, Doing the Tighten Up," In Business magazine (August 2017)
- Interviewed for “Are Workforce Woes Ahead?” In Business magazine (April 2017)
- Interviewed for "What's Hot, What's Not: Wisconsin Practice Trends 2017" on topic of immigration law in Wisconsin Lawyer magazine (February 2017)
- "Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals – Policy, Eligibility and Current Trends," TEMPO Madison (August 2017)