Glorily A. López
Attorney Glorily A. Lopez exclusively practices U.S. immigration and nationality law. Her experience in this field includes extensive work with family-based, employment-based, business-based and individual immigration petitions, as well as consular processing, naturalization/citizenship, and removal/deportation defense.
Attorney Lopez has earned a solid reputation as one of the top immigration attorneys in the state of Wisconsin and nationwide. She has been consistently named on lists for Best Lawyers® in America (including "2013 Immigration Lawyer of the Year - Madison") and Wisconsin Super Lawyers® Rising Stars in the field of Immigration Law. She is rated "10.0-Superb" on Avvo and was given the Avvo Clients' Choice Award in 2012.
From 2009 to 2011, Attorney Lopez held the offices of Chair of the Wisconsin Chapter of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), and Governor at Board of Governors of AILA at the national level. Her long-standing membership with AILA allows her to stay current on changes to immigration laws, policies and regulations and provide up-to-date advice to her clients.
Ms. Lopez is an ardent advocate for comprehensive immigration reform and maintains ongoing contact with members of the Wisconsin congressional delegation regarding issues such as comprehensive immigration reform, H-1B and employment-based immigration relief. She travels to Washington, D.C. on a regular basis to discuss with members of Congress immigration issues affecting businesses and families.
Prior to joining Murphy Desmond as a shareholder, Attorney Lopez was the principal attorney at Lopez Law Group, LLC, an immigration firm she founded and managed for more than 11 years. Ms. Lopez is fluent in Spanish and English, and provides bilingual representation to a diverse group of individuals, families, employers and businesses.
Listen to La Movida radio station (WLMV 1480AM) for Attorney Lopez’s call-in/text-in radio show on Friday mornings between 10:00-11:00. Dates and more information here.
Honors and Awards:
- Global Who’s Who Top Lawyers, 2014
- AVVO "Clients' Choice 2012" Award
- Wisconsin Super Lawyers® Rising Stars (2006 - present)
- Best Lawyers® in America - Immigration Law (2007 - present)
- "2013 Madison Immigration Lawyer of the Year" - by Best Lawyers® in America
- Named a "Top Lawyer" - Immigration Law, Madison Magazine (2003 - 2009)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- State Bar of Wisconsin (2001 - present)
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) Member (2001 - present)
- AILA Board of Governors (2009 - 2011)
- AILA Wisconsin Chapter Chair (2009 - 2011)
- AILA Wisconsin Chapter Vice Chair (2007 - 2009); Treasurer (2005 - 2007)
- AILA Congressional Liaison (2004 - present)
- American Immigration Council, Member (2001 - present)
- Federal Bar Association, Immigration Law Section (2012 - present)
- National Immigration Project of the National Lawyers Guild (2002 - present)
- ASISTA, Private Attorney Member (2004 - present)
- Dane County Bar Association (2012 - present)
- Wisconsin Hispanic Lawyers Association (WHLA), Board of Governors (2005 - 2007) (2013 - present)
- Latino Chamber of Commerce, Business Member (2010 - present)
- Greater Madison Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors (2012 - present)
- Latino Professionals Association of Greater Madison, Member, 2013
- Greater Madison Chamber of Commerce, Board Member (2012-2014)
- National Association of Foreign Student Advisors (NAFSA), Member, 2014
- Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM), Member, 2014
- LGBT Bar Association of Wisconsin, Member (2014)