Stephen L. Morgan
A shareholder in Murphy Desmond S.C., Mr. Morgan handles complex civil and criminal business litigation in state and federal courts as well as before arbitration tribunals throughout the country. He has extensive experience in multiple legal areas that arise in civil and criminal trials, administrative agency disputes and appeals, including handling complex constitutional issues, business and securities disputes, gaming and related licensing matters, environmental litigation, health-related controversies, anti-trust matters and appearances before various administrative agencies.
Mr. Morgan also represents clients in a variety of securities law matters including regulatory investigations conducted by the National Association of Securities Dealers, Inc., the New York Stock Exchange and State Commissioners of Securities, as well as securities arbitration claims on behalf of claimants or respondents. His substantial experience in the preparation of securities offerings and assistance in the organization of business entities, together with the registration of securities or implementation of exempt offerings in interstate or intrastate transactions, benefits a wide range of business clients, and Mr. Morgan has earned the honor of Best Lawyers in America in Securities Law as well as in Government Relations Law.
Honors and Awards:
- "Top Lawyers" by Madison Magazine, 2003 - Election Campaign Finance Political Lawyers, Criminal Law-Defense; Litigation Appeals
- Wisconsin Super Lawyers 2009 - Business Litigation
- Best Lawyers in America 2010 - Securities Law; Government Relations Law
Associations and Memberships:
- North American Securities Administrators Association, Inc., 1980 - 1985, Member
- Dane County Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Member
- American Bar Association, Member