Attorney Harvey Wendel has over 50 years of experience representing clients in real estate development and financing, including sales and acquisitions. He was ranked as a "Top Lawyer" in Alternative Dispute Resolution in Dane County as published by Madison Magazine in 2003.
Harvey has been and continues to be an active member of the State Bar of Wisconsin and Dane County Bar Association. He currently serves on the Board of the Dane County Bar Senior Lawyers Section and was past chairman, as well as past president of the Wisconsin State Bar Senior Lawyers Division, He is a Director of the Dane County Bar Association, and serves as a member of the Courthouse Committee. Harvey has also served as an arbitrator as a member of the Panel of Neutrals of the American Arbitration Association Board of Arbitrators. From 2005 to 2013, Harvey was a member of the Wisconsin Supreme Court Board of Administrative Oversight, which monitors the State of Wisconsin Attorney Regulation System.
In addition, Harvey has served on the boards of Madison-area banks and as president of the board of Friends of Madison School & Community Recreation, where he also volunteers his time as a pontoon boat driver.
- Wisconsin, 1963
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin, 1963
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, 1963, J.D.
- University of Wisconsin - Madison, 1960, B.B.A.
Awards & Recognition
- Fellows of the Wisconsin Law Foundation (Class of 2011)
- MSCR, Volunteer of the Year Award, 2009
- "Top Lawyer" - Alternate Dispute Resolution, Madison Magazine, 2003
- Dane County Bar Association Special Service Award (currently named the Harvey L. Wendel Special Service Award) 2013
Associations and Memberships
- Wisconsin Law Foundation Board of Trustees , Board Member, 2017
- Madison School Community Recreation (MSCR), Past President, Friends Board of Directors
- Dane County Bar Association, Mentorship Program, Mentor
- Dane County Bar Association, Senior Lawyers Section
- Dane County Bar Association, Member, Director at Large
- State Bar of Wisconsin, 1986-1990; 1993-1998; 2006-2007, Past Member, Board of Governors
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Senior Lawyers Division, Past Pres. 2005-2006 and Member, Board of Directors
- Supreme Court of Wisconsin, Board of Administrative Oversight, 2005-2013, Member
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Fee Arbitration Panel, 2015-2017
- Presenter, State Bar of Wisconsin Seminars and Conventions
- Past Lecturer, Office Management, General Practice Course, University of Wisconsin Law School
Harvey loves to volunteer! Since 2000, he has been involved with the Friends of Madison School Community Recreation Board of Directors (MSCR), which provides financial support of public recreational and enrichment activities. He currently serves as President and volunteers as a captain in the MSCR Pontoon Boat program, which provides summer tours of the Madison lakes for children, adults, and people with disabilities.