Harvey L. Wendel
Mr. Wendel has over 50 years of experience representing clients in real estate development and financing, including sales and acquisitions. He was ranked as one of the top alternate dispute resolution lawyers in Dane County in a poll of lawyers published by the Madison Magazine in January 2003.
Mr. Wendel served as a member of the Board of Directors and Loan Committee of Wisconsin Community Bank from 1998 to 2001 (a subsidiary of Heartland Financial USA, Inc., headquartered in Dubuque, Iowa).
He is past President of the Senior Lawyers Division of the State Bar of Wisconsin. He is past chairman and serves on the Board of the Dane County Bar Senior Lawyers Section, is currently a Director of the Dane County Bar Association and serves as a member of the Courthouse Committee. He has also served as an arbitrator as a member of the Panel of Neutrals of the American Arbitration Association Board of Arbitrators. Mr. Wendel served as a member of the Wisconsin Supreme Court Board of Administrative Oversight, which monitors the State of Wisconsin Attorney Regulation System.
Honors and Awards:
- Fellows of the Wisconsin Law Foundation (Class of 2011)
- MSCR, Volunteer of the Year Award, 2009
- "Top Lawyer" - Alternate Dispute Resolution, Madison Magazine, 2003
- Dane County Bar Association Special Service Award, 2013
Associations and Memberships:
- Madison School Community Recreation (MSCR), President, Friends Board of Directors
- Dane County Bar Association, Mentorship Program, Mentor
- Dane County Bar Association, Senior Lawyers Section
- Dane County Bar Association, Member, Director at Large
- State Bar of Wisconsin, 1986-1990; 1993-1998; 2006-2007, Past Member, Board of Governors
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Senior Lawyers Division, Past Pres. 2005-2006 and Member, Board of Directors
- Supreme Court of Wisconsin, Board of Administrative Oversight, 2005-2013, Member
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Fee Arbitration Panel, 2015-2017
- Presenter, State Bar of Wisconsin Seminars and Conventions
- Past Lecturer, Office Management, General Practice Course, University of Wisconsin Law School
Harvey loves to volunteer! Since 2000, he has been involved with the Friends of Madison School Community Recreation Board of Directors (MSCR), which provides financial support of public recreational and enrichment activities. He currently serves as President and volunteers as a captain in the MSCR Pontoon Boat program, which provides summer tours of the Madison lakes for children, adults, and people with disabilities.