Harvey L. Wendel
Mr. Wendel has over 40 years of experience representing clients in real estate development and financing, including sales and acquisitions. He was ranked as one of the top alternate dispute resolution lawyers in Dane County in a poll of lawyers published by the Madison Magazine in January 2003.
Mr. Wendel has served as a member of the Board of Directors and Loan Committee of Wisconsin Community Bank (a subsidiary of Heartland Financial USA, Inc., headquartered in Dubuque, Iowa).
He is past President of the Senior Lawyers Division of the State Bar of Wisconsin. He is past chairman and serves on the Board of the Dane County Bar Senior Lawyers Section, is currently chairman of the Dane County Bar Association Law for the Public Committee and serves as a member of the Executive Committee of the Dane County Bar Association. He has also served as an arbitrator as a member of the Panel of Neutrals of the American Arbitration Association Board of Arbitrators. Mr. Wendel has also been appointed to the Wisconsin Supreme Court Board of Administrative Oversight, which monitors the State of Wisconsin Attorney Regulation System.
Honors and Awards:
- MSCR, Volunteer of the Year Award, 2009
- "Top Lawyer" - Alternate Dispute Resolution, Madison Magazine, 2003
Associations and Memberships:
- Madison School Community Recreation (MSCR), President, Friends Board of Directors
- Dane County Bar Association, Mentorship Program, Mentor
- Dane County Bar Association, Senior Lawyers Section, Member, Board of Directors
- Dane County Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Law Practice Section, Member, Past Chair, Present Emeritus, Member Board of Directors
- State Bar of Wisconsin, 1986-1990; 1993-1998; 2006-2007, Past Member, Board of Governors
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Past Pres. 2005-2006 and Member, Board of Directors, Senior Lawyers Division
- Supreme Court of Wisconsin, Member, Board of Administrative Oversight, 2005-Present
- Presenter, State Bar of Wisconsin Seminars and Conventions
- Past Lecturer, Office Management, General Practice Course, University of Wisconsin Law School