Business Law Attorneys in Madison, Janesville and Appleton, Wisconsin
Businesses face legal challenges all the time. At Murphy Desmond S.C., our business lawyers are ready to work with you to meet all of your corporate legal needs.
Whether you have a small, family-owned business in Dane or Rock County or you have a large, multi-national organization with interests in Wisconsin, our business law attorneys are there to work closely with you to understand and solve the complex issues involved in your operation.
We provide workable solutions in many areas of corporate law practice, including:
- Business Planning
- Business entities, including limited liability partnerships, limited liability companies, corporations, joint ventures, cooperatives and non-profits
- Business Start-ups
- Business bankruptcy
- Business succession planning
- Family businesses
- Franchises and dealerships
- Employment matters, including employment and non-compete agreements, independent contractor agreements, compensation and employee benefits, employment manuals and policies, hiring and termination decisions
- Officer liability and responsibilities
- Regulatory compliance assistance
- Workers’ compensation
- Intellectual property
- Contract drafting, negotiation and review
- Business Valuation
- Real estate and construction
- Business reorganizations
- Mergers and acquisitions
- E-commerce and the Internet
- Public offerings
- Regulation A and Regulation D offerings
- Private placement
- Government and municipal securities
- Government relations
- Securities law disputes
- Securities investigations
- Securities fraud
- Tax analysis and representation
- Insider trading claims
- Shareholder derivative actions
- Broker/dealer licensing and regulation
Choose a Business Law Firm Selected as the "Preferred Law Firm" By Madison Area Business Executives
From 2010 through 2013, Murphy Desmond S.C. was chosen 1st Place "Preferred Law Firm" by business executives in the Executive Choice Awards, as published in In Business magazine. Winners were selected by a fill-in-the-blank style survey completed by members of the publication's 900-member Executive Registry.
Since 1931, our firm has been assisting businesses in Wisconsin.We are rated AV by Martindale-Hubbell®, and our firm and individual attorneys have been recognized by Best Lawyers® in American and Wisconsin Super Lawyers.
Call for a Consultation with a Madison, Janesville or Appleton Business Law Attorney
Our business attorneys have worked for a long list of clients and industries. We are dedicated to assisting your business in nearly any type of legal matter. Contact our business law attorneys online or call 608.257.7181 to schedule a consultation to discuss your case. We serve clients throughout Wisconsin.