Wisconsin Municipal Law Attorneys in Madison and JanesvilleServing Clients Throughout Wisconsin for Over 80 Years
Since 1931 Murphy Desmond S.C., our Madison and Janesville municipal law attorneys have been representing counties, towns, villages, cities and statutory special districts, making us uniquely qualified to represent your municipal legal needs.
The highest priority of our firm is effective, accessible and cost-efficient service in a wide range of services. Our municipal lawyers have extensive experience with municipal prosecutions, public records requests, land use regulations, annexations, condemnations, special assessments, open meetings requirements, public safety issues and more.
Consult Our Madison and Janesville Lawyers About Municipal Ordinances, Land Use and More
Whether drafting ordinances, reviewing development agreements or negotiating intermunicipal agreements, our expertise is dependable and complete. Our lawyers are also experienced in litigation, able to defend against municipal tort claims, resolve environmental disputes and undertake any other type of dispute.
Our services include:
- Municipal ordinances and resolutions
- Municipal contracts and obligations
- Municipal litigation
- Municipal land use and development
- Open meeting law compliance
- Public record law compliance
- Licensing matters
- Conflict of interest
- Employee discipline and termination
- Employment discrimination charges
- Grievance arbitration
- Administrative review proceedings
- Prohibited practice hearings
- Public sector collective bargaining
- Zoning and environmental matters
- Municipal finance, including bonds
- Public utility operations
- Condemnation/eminent domain
- Tax incremental financing
At Murphy Desmond S.C., we work with counties, towns, villages, cities and statutory special districts to anticipate and resolve issues expeditiously. Our lawyers serve as both general counsel and special counsel capable of handling your municipality's legal needs.
Our municipal lawyers are always available to discuss their services with potential clients.
For a consultation with Murphy Desmond, call 608.257.7181 or send us an e-mail. Our firm maintains offices in Madison and Janesville but serves clients throughout Wisconsin.
Trusted legal advocates and business advisors