Business Start-Ups/ Entrepreneurs
Business Start-Up Attorneys in Wisconsin
Murphy Desmond's Business Start-Up Legal Services for Wisconsin Entrepreneurs
Business planning, entity formation, articles, bylaws, leases, trademarks, confidentiality agreements, licenses, and tax matters are some of the many legal matters facing business start-ups. It’s important that you prioritize legal issues while keeping costs at a minimum.
Set Your Business Up for Success
The lawyers at Murphy Desmond have helped entrepreneurs in many industries successfully get their businesses off the ground. Now Murphy Desmond has developed a unique legal services program for entrepreneurs and new businesses at an introductory, flat-fee rate.
Our Entrepreneur Legal Services Program provides legal services with experienced lawyers in the areas of law where you need the most help.
For a $750 flat-fee, the program includes:
- A free 1-hour consultation with a business lawyer. At this time, we will learn about your company, work with you to determine the legal services your business needs most, and establish a flexible payment plan.
- Five (5) hours of legal services at a flat-fee, introductory rate, prioritized in any of the following areas:
- Business entity formation, business planning, governing documents, licenses, permits, tax matters
- Intellectual property including trademark, copyright, trade secrets, licensing
- Draft, negotiate and review contracts with vendors, suppliers, landlords, city officials, employees, and independent contractors
- Employment matters, employment contracts, non-compete, confidentiality agreements, employee handbooks, harassment
- Real estate issues such as zoning, permits, leasing, buy-sell agreements, contract negotiations
- Environmental matters pertaining to your business operations, permits, sustainability, renewable energy, climate change, emissions
- Litigation or mediation for any disputes requiring legal assistance
- Securities matters and investor contracts
Additional hours are billed at our regular attorney rates, and flexible payment plans are available.
Call our firm at 608.257.7181 or email us at email@example.com to set up your free consultation.
Business Start-Up Legal Considerations
Whether your business is in the concept stage or has been operating for several years, the lawyers at Murphy Desmond can help position your business for growth. We work to help you avoid legal obstacles that can cause unnecessary costs, fines, delays, or even the end of your great business idea. We believe that having a lawyer assist you early on in your business is an important proactive decision.
When starting a business, consider the following legal issues:
- Do you have a thorough business plan that includes objectives, goals and strategies?
- Does your business have governing documents/bylaws to help it process situations such as ownership changes?
- What kind of business legal entity is best and will protect yourself or your family?
- Are you seeking investors in a law-abiding manner?
- Has your intellectual propertybeen searched, cleared and protected?
- Are your premises approved for your business operations?
- How will your business affect your current tax situation?
- Will you have employees, and do you know the forms and other mandates for hiring people?
- Have you looked into required insurance for your business and employees?
- Should your employees sign a non-compete or confidentiality agreement?
- Is this a short-term endeavor and you hope to sell your business quickly, or do you plan to run this business for years to come?
The lawyers at Murphy Desmond are able to assist you with these and many other any legal questions you might have.
To inquire about our Entrepreneur Legal Services Program or to schedule your free 1-hour consultation, please call 608.257.7181 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wisconsin Lawyers Experienced With Start-Up Businesses
The law firm of Murphy Desmond S.C. has been recognized for our business acumen. Our lawyers have assisted entrepreneurs in a wide variety of industries such as tech companies, internet businesses, restaurants, retailers, manufacturers, and communications companies -- to name a few.
For four consecutive years (2010-2013), Murphy Desmond received the #1 Preferred Law Firm Executive Choice Award by In Business Magazine, and we have consistently been in the top three law firms for many years. We are included on U.S. News & World Report list for Best Law Firms, and we are rated AV (top rating) by Martindale-Hubbell and lawyers.com. In addition, many of our lawyers are recognized for skills in their specific areas of law by Best Lawyers in America, Wisconsin Super Lawyers and Avvo.com.
We support the entrepreneur spirit in our communities, and look forward to being your trusted legal advisors.