Attorney John Paul (J.P.) Croake focuses his practice primarily on real estate and business law.
In real estate matters, J.P. represents clients on a range of both commercial and residential issues, including acquisitions, dispositions, land use, construction, lending and finance, 1031 tax deferred exchanges, TIC investments, development, leasing, and contract disputes. Additionally, he advises real estate professionals and brokerage firms in and around Madison, Wisconsin.
J.P.’s business law practice includes advising clients at all stages of business growth and operation including formation, purchase agreements, contract disputes, employee classification issues, commercial arbitration proceedings, acquisitions and finance. He works with start-ups, entrepreneurs, and closely held companies. When advising clients, J.P. draws on a rich professional background including founding and operating a business in New York City for five years.
A Madison native, J.P. serves on the Board of Directors of both Creative Learning Preschool and the Madison Print Club, and he is involved with the Madison Museum of Contemporary Art as a member of the Business Council. He also served on the planning committee for the Madison Public Library Foundation’s annual Ex Libris fundraiser.
J.P. is an Associate in the Business, Real Estate, Start-Up / Entrepreneur and Estate Planning practice groups at Murphy Desmond, after serving clients for several years in private practice. In his free time, J.P. enjoys traveling, time with his family, golf, photography and cooking.
- Wisconsin, 2014
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin, 2014
- Marquette Law School, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 2013, J.D.
- Hunter College, New York, New York, 2007, B.A. English
Associations and Memberships
- James E. Doyle American Inn of Courts, Member (2018)
- Madison Public Library Foundation, Ex Libris Fundraising Committee (2015-2017)
- Madison Print Club, Board of Directors (2015-present)
- Creative Learning Preschool, Board of Directors (2017-present)
- Wisconsin State Bar Association, Member (present)
- Dane County Bar Association, Member (2014-present)