Litigation Attorney Jonathan M. Esp has a track record of successfully litigating a wide range of legal matters, including insurance coverage disputes, personal injury claims, business disputes, and construction controversies. He handles all aspects of civil litigation in Wisconsin state and federal courts, and at trial and appellate court levels.
Jonathan focuses on his clients’ business and individual needs, enabling him to employ a pragmatic approach to litigation that helps achieve his clients’ goals. He makes every effort to provide exceptional advocacy, a solid work product, responsiveness and professionalism. Jonathan has been recognized by his peers through inclusion on the list for 2017 and 2018 Wisconsin Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" in Insurance Defense. He was also welcomed into the Fellowship of the Litigation Counsel of America in 2018.
Prior to joining Murphy Desmond, Jonathan practiced at a prominent defense firm in Madison, Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin, 2013
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2013
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin, 2017
- Marquette University Law School, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 2013, J.D.
Honors: cum laudeLaw Review: Marquette Law Review, Editor
- Illinois State University, Normal, Illinois, 2010, B.S.
Awards & Recognition
- Litigation Counsel of America (LCA) Fellowship (2018)
- Wisconsin Super Lawyers "Rising Star" - Insurance Defense (2017-2018)
Associations and Memberships
- Trial Law Institute, Member (2018-present)
- Diversity Law Institute, Member (2018-present)
- Wisconsin State Bar Association, Member (2013-present)
- Dane County Bar Association, Member (2015-present)
- Wisconsin Defense Counsel, Member (2013-present)
- Defense Research Institute (2013-present)