Attorney Stephen Beilke retired in 2020 after nearly 50 years of experience representing Wisconsin clients in divorce, child custody and placement actions, property division and debt allocation, marital property agreements (prenuptial and postnuptial),and other family law matters. He also served as a guardian ad litem representing the interests of children in custody disputes.
Stephen earned many professional accolades throughout his career, including being named "2016 Family Law Lawyer of the Year-Madison" by Best Lawyers in America. He was included on lists for Best Lawyers in America in Family Law since 2001. Stephen is rated AV (top rating) by Martindale-Hubbell and "Superb 10.0" on Avvo.com. In addition, he has been included on lists for Wisconsin Super Lawyers (including Top 50 Wisconsin and Top 25 Madison Super Lawyers in Family Law), and he was named a "Top Lawyer" in family law in Madison Magazine.
Throughout his career, Stephen was involved with Big Bothers Big Sisters in various volunteer and leadership roles. He was an active member of numerous family law organizations. In retirement, Stephen is enjoying time with his family.
- Wisconsin, 1972
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin, 1972
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, 1972, J.D.
- Cornell College, Mount Vernon, Iowa, 1969, B.A.
Awards & Recognition
- Madison Lawyer of the Year-Family Law, Best Lawyers in America (2016)
- AV Rated (top rating), Martindale-Hubbell/lawyers.com
- Rated 10.0 "Superb" on Avvo.com
- Top 50 Wisconsin Super Lawyers - Family Law (2011-2013)
- Top 25 Madison Super Lawyers - Family Law (2011-Present)
- Wisconsin Super Lawyers - Family Law (2005-Present)
- Best Lawyers in America - Family Law (2001-Present)
- Top Lawyer, Family Law and Divorce, Madison Magazine (2009)
- Dane County Bar Mediator of the Year (2003)
Associations and Memberships
- Dane County Mediation Program, Volunteer Mediator in Divorce Cases, 1991-present
- The Foundation for Big Brothers & Big Sisters of Dane County, Inc., Director/Officer, Board of Directors (1985-2007)
- Big Brothers & Big Sisters of Dane County, Director/Officer, Board of Directors (1972-1985)
- Divorce Cooperation Institute, Inc., Member
- Collaborative Family Law Council of Wisconsin, Inc., Member
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Member - Wisconsin Chapter
- Dane County Bar, Board of Directors, Director at Large (2000-2001)
- Dane County Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Member
- American Bar Association, Member