Attorney Dan Lipman's practice emphasizes business and real estate, estate planning and probate. He was ranked as one of the top lawyers for contracts law and trust/estate planning lawyers in Dane County in a poll of lawyers published by Madison Magazine in January 2003, was named a Wisconsin Super Lawyer in 2006 and 2007 and has been listed in Best Lawyers in America since 2007.
He has substantial experience in representing corporations, partnerships, other business entities and individuals in the organization, operation, management, purchase and sale of businesses, real estate and related areas. Dan previously served as chair of the firm's Business Law Practice Group.
In addition, Dan advises clients in a wide range of estate planning and probate matters.
- Wisconsin, 1973
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin, 1973
- George Washington University National Law Center, Washington, District of Columbia, 1973, J.D.
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, 1968, B.A.
Honors: With Honors
Awards & Recognition
- Ranked as One of the Top Lawyers for Contracts Law & Trust/Estate Planning Lawyers, Dane County, Madison Magazine, 2003; was named a Wisconsin Super Lawyer in 2006 and 2007; listed in Best Lawyers in America in 2007
Associations and Memberships
- Temple Beth El, Past President
- Optimist Club of Downtown Madison, Member and Former Director
- Madison Estate Council, Member
- Dane County Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Member
- Instructor: Corporations and Business Law, General Practice Course, University of Wisconsin Law School, 1991
- Instructor: Corporations and Business Law, General Practice Course, University of Wisconsin Law School, 1988