Attorney Tim Casper is a seasoned trial lawyer who has litigated numerous cases involving products liability, insurance defense, professional liability, personal injury, commercial litigation, securities, employment, labor, medical malpractice, toxic tort, construction and criminal matters. His experience includes complex litigation, such as asbestos litigation and the Ford/Firestone litigation. He has successfully argued cases before juries and judges in state and federal courts and on both sides of the docket. In addition, Tim has handled appellate matters, and served as an arbitrator and mediator.
Tim was recently included on the list for Best Lawyers in America in the category of Commercial Litigation. He is also rated AV (top rating) by Martindale-Hubbell and 10.0 "Superb" on Avvo.com. Tim began his legal career in Madison and returned in 2013 after working in private practice and as staff counsel in Texas for several national insurance companies. During that time, he wrote and presented continuing legal education courses in Texas, mostly related to resolution of disputes and litigation techniques. He also wrote and presented continuing education courses for insurance professionals in New York, New Jersey, Illinois, Texas, California and Kansas. Course subjects included products liability, ethics, trial practice, consumer protection, insurance department claim handling requirements, effective claims handling, medical terminology, civil procedure, serious bodily injury claims and mediation.
Tim is a shareholder and member of the firm's board of directors. He is part of Murphy Desmond's Litigation and Business Start-Up practice groups. He is also a member and past president of the Monona East Side Business Alliance board of directors.
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- University of Wisconsin Law School, Madison, Wisconsin, 1981, J.D
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, with honors, 1978, B.A.
Awards & Recognition
Associations and Memberships
- Monona East Side Business Alliance, Board Member (2014-2018); Vice President (2015); President (2016-2017)
- State Bar of Wisconsin Non-Resident Lawyers Division-Houston Chapter, Past President and Member
- University of Wisconsin Alumni Association-Houston Chapter, Past President and Board Member