Attorney Mark Maciolek represents clients in criminal defense, bankruptcy, bankruptcy crimes, civil firearms rights and similar litigation matters in federal and state courts. Maciolek’s federal experience includes assisting clients charged with complex commercial crimes, federal conspiracy crimes, immigration crime, RICO, white collar crimes, federal firearms crimes, and many other areas. He handles state criminal matters and related areas such as ordinance violations and juvenile defense.
A shareholder at Murphy Desmond S.C., Maciolek is also a civil litigator with jury trial experience in state and federal courts. He practices in both trial courts and courts of appeals. His bankruptcy practice includes representing debtors in Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcies, bankruptcy litigation, and serving as attorney for the Trustee.
Maciolek is bilingual and frequently assists Spanish-speaking clients. Prior to joining Murphy Desmond in 2013, Maciolek was a solo practitioner in Madison, Wisconsin. He is rated "Superb" on Avvo.com and was named a "Rising Star" in Criminal Defense Law by Wisconsin Super Lawyers.
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, 2005, J.D.
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, 2000, B.A.
Associations and Memberships
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees, Member (2014 - present)
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- James E. Doyle American Inn of Courts