Attorney Gini Hendrickson is a shareholder and chairperson of the Estate Planning and Probate Practice Group at Murphy Desmond. Her legal practice emphasizes business law, tax, estate planning, probate and trust administration, real estate for businesses and individuals, and business succession planning for family-owned businesses. Gini represents clients in the firm's Madison, Janesville, and Appleton, Wisconsin, offices in legal disputes in areas of probate, estate, trust and fiduciary matters. In addition, she provides legal assistance to clients in the creation of non-profit entities such as 501(c)3 organizations as well as corporate and family foundations.
In estate planning, Gini helps individuals, couples and families prepare solid estate plans to meet clients’ goals and address concerns including care of minor children, special needs trusts, second and subsequent marriages (including marital property agreements) and general estate planning updates. In litigation matters, she handles issues regarding fiduciary duties and breach of fiduciary responsibilities, competency matters, ambiguous wording of documents, contested wills and trusts, beneficiary responsibilities and IRS dispute resolution.
Prior to joining Murphy Desmond, Gini helped charitable organizations in Wisconsin and Australia with charitable gifting and estate settlement. She began her legal career in Wisconsin’s Fox Valley area, where she was active in the community and served on nonprofit organization boards and committees. She has presented on topics including the importance of estate planning, business succession planning, charitable gifting techniques, and end-of-life planning.
- Illinois (Provisional Admission), 2019
- United States Tax Court, 2019
- Wisconsin, 2002
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2003
- Western New England School of Law, (in progress), LL.M., Estate Planning/Taxation
- Pace University, 2002, J.D.
- University of Wisconsin, Oshkosh, 1998, B.A.
Honors: University Scholar Distinction
Awards & Recognition
- Fellows of the Wisconsin Law Foundation (2018)
- Outstanding Adjunct Instructor (2008)
- National Political Science Honor Society (1998)
- Wisconsin Women in Government Scholarship Award (1997 & 1998)
Associations and Memberships
- Fellows of American Bar Association, Inductee (2019)
- Rotary Club of Madison-Downtown, Member (2018)
- Madison Benefits Council, Board of Directors (2018)
- American Inns of Court, Member (2016-Present)
- ABA Real Property, Trust and Estate Law section - Litigation, Ethics and Malpractice Committee, Member (2016-Present)
- ABA Real Property, Trust and Estate Law section - Probate & Fiduciary Litigation Committee, Member (2016-Present)
- Madison Estate Council, Board Member (2016-Present)
- A Fund For Women - Advisory Board, Member (2014-2018)
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Member
- Dane County Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association - Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section, Member (2013-Present)
- Forum for Women Estate Counselors, Member (2013-Present)
- Wisconsin Planned Giving Council, Member (2014-Present)
- Madison Estate Planning Council, Member (2013-Present)
- Will for Heroes, Volunteer (2014-Present)
- Community Foundation for the Fox Valley Region, Professional Advisor Panel (Past)
- Fox Valley Estate Planning Council, Member (2004-2008)
- Crowdfunding: What is it, and is it right for my business?
- Opportunity Zone Investments in Wisconsin: Tax Incentives and Rules for Investors
- Tax Reform and the Change to IRS Code Section 1031 Like-Kind Exchanges (Starker Exchanges)
- Year-End Tax Tips for 2017: Part II
- Year-End Tax Tips for 2017: Part I
- Tax Matters Partner is No More - Partnership Level Liability is the New Rule
- Responsibilities of a Healthcare Agent in Wisconsin
- "Legal Ethics", Trusts From A to Z, National Business Institute (2016)
- "Estate & Business Succession Planning", Wisconsin Women's Business Initiative Corp. (WWBIC) (2016)
- Trends and Traps, Roy Adams of Sonnenschein Nath & Rosenthal LLP, Annual Estate and Charitable Gift Planning Institute, Lawrence University, Local Expert Panelist (Past)