Attorney Julia T. Walsh focuses her legal practice on estate planning, probate and trust administration. Julia’s experience includes representing and guiding clients through Wisconsin Formal and Informal Probate Administration, Special Administration, Trust Administration, and Probate and Special Administration Hearings.
In estate planning, Julia assists couples and individuals in preparing plans that are customized to the complexities and needs of their estate. She represents clients in second and subsequent marriages and has offered prenuptial and postnuptial agreement drafting, review, and consultation. Julia has handled preparation of financial powers of attorney, healthcare powers of attorney, and living wills. She has experience in transfer of property, fiduciary disputes, and a variety of probate matters.
Julia serves clients in the firm's Madison, Janesville, and Dodgeville, WIsconsin offices. Prior to joining Murphy Desmond, Julia was an associate attorney with a boutique estate planning law firm in Madison.
During law school, Julia was a volunteer Legal Intern at ABC for Health, Inc., a nonprofit public interest law firm, a Corporate Legal Intern at American Family Insurance, and a Law Clerk at Madison-based law firm. She served as the President of the Sports and Entertainment Law Society, Symposium Editor and Managing Editor of the Wisconsin Law Review, and Fundraising Chair for the University of Wisconsin-Madison Club Volleyball team.
Julia is an active community volunteer. In 2018, she received the Community Shares "Backyard Hero" award for her research and work with low-income and at-risk Wisconsin families. The award recognizes volunteers on the front lines of critical issues who make their community a better place to live.
In her spare time, Julia enjoys being outside, cooking, and playing or watching all sports, but particularly volleyball.
- Wisconsin, 2019
- University of Wisconsin Law School, Madison, Wisconsin, 2019, J.D.
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 2015, B.A. Spanish and English Literature and Language
Honors: with distinction
Awards & Recognition
- Community Shares Backyard Hero Award (2018)
Associations and Memberships
- National Professional Advisor Network, American Cancer Society, Member (2022)
- Madison Estate Council, Member (2021-present)
- Dane County Bar Association, Member (2021-present)
- Women United, United Way of Dane County, Member (2021-present)
- Wisconsin State Bar Association, Member (2019-present)
- "Top 5 Questions about Estate Planning..." (May 13, 2021)
- Estate Planning for Parents with Minor Children in Wisconsin
- "Planning Considerations in Light of President-Elect Biden’s Tax Proposals" (January 8, 2021)
- "How to Combat the Dangers of the NFL's Ambiguous and Abstruse Anti-Collusion Clause" University of Virginia Sports & Entertainment Law Journal (2019)
- "Estate Planning: The Most Important Items on Your Bucket List", Wisconsin Funeral Directors Association 141st Annual Convention (June 2022)