Attorney Stephen Beilke's legal practice focuses on divorce, child custody and placement, child support, property division and debt allocation, maintenance (alimony), and marital property agreements (pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements). He has over 45 years of experience representing clients in divorce actions and custody disputes, and has frequently served as a guardian ad litem representing the interests of children in custody disputes.
A shareholder at Murphy Desmond, Stephen is also the Chair of the Divorce & Family Law practice group at the firm. He was named "2016 Family Law Lawyer of the Year-Madison" by Best Lawyers in America, and has been on the Best Lawyers list for Family Law since 2001. Stephen is rated AV (top rating) by Martindale-Hubbell and "Superb 10.0" on Avvo.com. In addition, he has been included on lists for Wisconsin Super Lawyers (including Top 50 Wisconsin and Top 25 Madison Super Lawyers in Family Law), and he was named a "Top Lawyer" in family law in Madison Magazine.
- Wisconsin, 1972
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin, 1972
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, 1972, J.D.
- Cornell College, Mount Vernon, Iowa, 1969, B.A.
Awards & Recognition
- Madison Lawyer of the Year-Family Law, Best Lawyers in America (2016)
- AV Rated (top rating), Martindale-Hubbell/lawyers.com
- Rated 10.0 "Superb" on Avvo.com
- Top 50 Wisconsin Super Lawyers - Family Law (2011-2013)
- Top 25 Madison Super Lawyers - Family Law (2011-Present)
- Wisconsin Super Lawyers - Family Law (2005-Present)
- Best Lawyers in America - Family Law (2001-Present)
- Top Lawyer, Family Law and Divorce, Madison Magazine (2009)
- Dane County Bar Mediator of the Year (2003)
Associations and Memberships
- Dane County Mediation Program, Volunteer Mediator in Divorce Cases, 1991-present
- The Foundation for Big Brothers & Big Sisters of Dane County, Inc., Director/Officer, Board of Directors (1985-2007)
- Big Brothers & Big Sisters of Dane County, Director/Officer, Board of Directors (1972-1985)
- Divorce Cooperation Institute, Inc., Member
- Collaborative Family Law Council of Wisconsin, Inc., Member
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Member - Wisconsin Chapter
- Dane County Bar, Board of Directors, Director at Large (2000-2001)
- Dane County Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Member
- American Bar Association, Member