Stephen L. Morgan
- (608) 268-5572
- (608) 257-2508
Stephen L. Morgan
Attorney Stephen L. Morgan handles complex civil and criminal business litigation in state and federal courts as well as before arbitration tribunals throughout the country. He has extensive experience in multiple legal areas that arise in civil and criminal trials, administrative agency disputes and appeals, including handling complex constitutional issues, business and securities disputes, gaming and related licensing matters, environmental litigation, health-related controversies, anti-trust matters and appearances before various administrative agencies.
Steve also represents clients in a variety of securities law matters including regulatory investigations conducted by the National Association of Securities Dealers, Inc., the New York Stock Exchange and State Commissioners of Securities, as well as securities arbitration claims on behalf of claimants or respondents. His substantial experience in the preparation of securities offerings and assistance in the organization of business entities, together with the registration of securities or implementation of exempt offerings in interstate or intrastate transactions, benefits a wide range of business clients.
A shareholder in the firm, Steve has been included on lists for Best Lawyers in America in Securities/Capital Markets Law and Government Relations. He was named "Lawyer of the Year-Government Relations Practice" in Madison,Wisconsin, by Best Lawyers in 2021. Steve has also been included on lists for Wisconsin Super Lawyer in Business Litigation, and he is rated AV (top rating ) by lawyers.com and Martindale-Hubbell.
- Wisconsin, 1972
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1972
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin, 1972
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin, 1972
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, 1972, J.D.
- University of Wisconsin - Madison, 1969, B.A.
Awards & Recognition
- Lawyer of the Year-Government Relations Practice-Madison, by Best Lawyers (2021)
- "Top Lawyers" by Madison Magazine - Election Campaign Finance Political Lawyers; Criminal Law-Defense; Litigation Appeals (2003)
- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell/lawyers.com
- Wisconsin Super Lawyers - Business Litigation (2006, 2009-2015)
- Best Lawyers in America - Securities/Capital Markets Law; Government Relations Practice
Associations and Memberships
- North American Securities Administrators Association, Inc., 1980 - 1985, Member
- Dane County Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Member
- American Bar Association, Member