Attorney Bill Morgan represents both public and private employers with a focus on employment and personnel-related matters, including discrimination claims, administrative issues, sexual harassment, and all matters affecting human resources departments such as health care, employee benefits, and employment contracts.
Bill's municipal law practice emphasizes open meeting and open record matters, drafting and enforcement of zoning and land use regulations, contract review, litigation, labor relations and collective bargaining, municipal collections, and employee-related matters. Prior to joining Murphy Desmond, Bill served over 12 years as corporate counsel for Wisconsin counties, where he gained an in-depth knowledge of the needs and issues facing local government.
A shareholder with Murphy Desmond, Bill is also a state licensed lobbyist with interest in matters affecting the growth of businesses throughout Wisconsin. He is active in the community and currently serves on the board for Community Around The Children's Hospital (CATCH) to benefit the American Family Children's Hospital, as well as the board for Monona East Side Business Alliance (MESBA).
- Wisconsin, 1992
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin, 1992
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, 1992, J.D.
- University of Wisconsin, Stevens Point, 1989, B.A.
Associations and Memberships
- Monona East Side Business Alliance (MESBA), Board of Directors (2019)
- Community Around The Children's Hospital (CATCH), Board Member (2018-Present)
- Leadership Greater Madison Alumni Association, President (2016)
- Wisconsin Early Childhood Association, Fund Development Committee, Past
- Leadership Greater Madison, Class of 2010
- Rainbow Childcare, Inc., Board of Directors, Past President, VP
- Green County Family YMCA, Board of Directors, Past President, VP
- PPAC Court Security Subcommittee (2007-2010)
- District 12 Committee, Office of Lawyer Regulation (2006-2008)
- Dane County Bar Association
- State Bar of Wisconsin
Bill is an Ironman and then some! He has completed three Ironman (IM) races in Wisconsin (‘04, ‘06 and ‘08) which includes a 2.4-mile swim, 112-mile bike ride, and full marathon 26.2-mile run -- all in one day! He has also done several half-IM races, completed a stand-alone marathon, and rode his bike in a one-day solo ride from Rice Lake to Sturgeon Bay, WI (nearly 300 miles). Ask Bill to show you his IM tattoo!