Attorney Bob Pasch represents clients in creditors' rights matters, collection law, contract law, general business representation, real and personal property leases, commercial law and litigation, and partnership litigation.
Pasch's work in collection law includes representing a broad spectrum of local, national and international clients. He literally wrote the book on collection law in Wisconsin. Wisconsin Collection Law is the leading comprehensive publication available on this subject and is now published as Volumes 12 and 13 of the Wisconsin Practice Series.
Pasch has assisted wholesalers, retailers, manufacturers and distributors, financial institutions and loan companies, automobile dealerships and leasing companies, contractors, subcontractors and suppliers, agri-businesses, landlords, small businesses and Fortune 500 companies in collection matters. He advises credit managers and business personnel on credit and collection policies and procedures.
Pasch also represents lenders and borrowers in commercial and real estate transactions, as well as credit facilities -- both at the front end as to loan structuring and documentation, intercreditor agreements, guarantees, and related financing arrangements -- and at the back end as to workouts, forbearance agreements, and enforcement of rights and remedies. Pasch has also served as a receiver by judicial appointment.
Business clients can count on Pasch to provide a broad scope of legal services, ranging from advice regarding day-to-day issues to the purchase and sale of a business. He was lead counsel to a regional broadcast company that successfully concluded a transaction involving the sale of numerous broadcast facilities, including six television stations and six radio stations.
Pasch has been involved in numerous collection lawsuits and other business and commercial litigation (in state and federal courts), and has worked with most of the major nationwide commercial and retail collection agencies. He has represented insurers, law firms and collection agencies in Fair Debt Collection Practices Act litigation.
A lawyer since 1972, Pasch is a shareholder at Murphy Desmond. He is consistently named on lists by Best Lawyers in America, Wisconsin Super Lawyers and Madison Top Lawyers (by Madison Magazine). He is rated AV (top rating) by Martindale-Hubbell and Lawyers.com and rated 10.0 "Superb" on Avvo.com.
- Wisconsin, 1972
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1996
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin, 1996
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1980
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin, 1972
- University of Wisconsin Law School, Madison, Wisconsin, 1972, J.D.
- Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana, 1968, B.A. (Political Science, History)
Awards & Recognition
- Rated AV (top rating) by Martindale-Hubbell and lawyers.com
- Rated 10.0 "Superb" on Avvo.com (2014-present)
- Best Lawyers in America - Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law (2010 - Present)
- Wisconsin Super Lawyer - Business Law (2006-2014)
- "Top Lawyers" - Madison Magazine (2003, 2005, 2007)
Associations and Memberships
- Madison Community Foundation, 2004 - 2006, Member, Audit Committee
- Madison Community Foundation, 1997 - 2003, Member, Grantmaking Committee
- Temple Beth El, President 1984-1986; Director, 1976-present
- Western District of Wisconsin Bankruptcy Bar, Member
- Dane County Case Mediation Program, Mediator
- Conference on Consumer Finance
- ACA International
- National Association of Retail Collection Attorneys, Member
- International Association of Commercial Collectors, Member
- Commercial Law League of America, Member
- Dane County Bar Association, 1981 - 1983, Director
- Dane County Bar Association (1980), Member, Secretary (1983-1984)
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Wisconsin Collection Law, Thomson/West 2006 (2nd edition), With Annual Supplements
- Digest of Commercial Law of the World, (Wisconsin Variation), Oceana Publications, Inc., 1985. Updated in 1988, 1991 and 1994
- Co-Author, Collection Remedies Chapter of the Wisconsin Guide to Business Law, Wisconsin CLE Books, 2006, as updated
- Lecturer, National Business Institute
- Lecturer, Lorman Education Services
- Lecturer, UW Law School Practice Course
- Lecturer, National Association of Credit Management
- Lecturer, American Management Association
- Lecturer, Commercial Law League of America
- Lecturer, University of Wisconsin, Small Business Development Center
- Lecturer, State Bar of Wisconsin