Business attorney Jason Reed advises clients -- including early-stage entrepreneurs and established business owners -- in a variety of legal matters, such as business planning, entity formation, operating agreements, licenses, permits, contract drafting, contract negotiations, real estate buy-sell and leasing, and tax-related issues. Jason, who is a shareholder at Murphy Desmond, has worked with numerous start-up businesses with prioritizing legal needs and protecting their financial interests.
In addition to his law degree, Jason earned a Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) and is an entrepreneur himself. He owned several businesses while attending school and understands what it is like to run a business (with multiple employees) and deal with business real estate. Jason's combination of business and legal know-how is uniquely beneficial to his clients.
While attending the University of Wisconsin Law School, Jason was both a Student Attorney and an Honorary Associate (upon graduation) with the UW Law & Entrepreneurship Clinic. In that role, he assisted numerous start-ups with business legal matters.
In his spare time, Jason enjoys golfing, kayaking, and spending time with his family and dogs.
- Wisconsin, 2014
- University of Wisconsin, 2014, J.D.
- Herzing University, 2011, Masters in Business Administration
- Herzing University, 2009, B.S. Business Administration, minor in Accounting
Awards & Recognition
- Honorary Associate, UW Law & Entrepreneurship Clinic
- Crowdfunding: What is it, and is it right for my business?
- Opportunity Zone Investments in Wisconsin: Tax Incentives and Rules for Investors
- Tax Reform and the Change to IRS Code Section 1031 Like-Kind Exchanges (Starker Exchanges)
- Year-End Tax Tips for 2017: Part II
- Year-End Tax Tips for 2017: Part I
- Tax Matters Partner is No More - Partnership Level Liability is the New Rule
- “The Facade of A Best Interest Standard: Looking Past the Presumption to Ensure Decisions are Made for the Right Reasons”, Wisconsin Journal of Law, Gender & Society (Spring 2014)