Attorney Nicole Pellerin was appointed to the Panel of Chapter 7 Trustees for the Western District of Wisconsin in July 2018 and currently focuses her practice primarily as a Trustee.
Nicole's legal practice has centered on bankruptcy and insolvency litigation. She has represented debtors and creditors in all chapters of bankruptcy and served as attorney for a Chapter 7 Trustee. In addition, Nicole has represented clients before the Internal Revenue Service, the Wisconsin and Illinois Departments of Revenue and the Department of Workforce Development.
Nicole currently serves as Vice Chair of the Wisconsin Network of International Women in Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC) and is a member of various bankruptcy organizations. In 2015, she was appointed and served as Associate Editor of the "American Bankruptcy Trustee Journal," a publication of the National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees.
Nicole is a co-chair of Murphy Desmond's Creditors' Rights, Business Bankruptcy & Commercial Litigation Practice Group.
- Wisconsin, 2010
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2010
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin, 2010
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 2009
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, 2008, J.D.
- The University of Texas at Austin, 2005, B.A. Psychology
Awards & Recognition
- Wisconsin Super Lawyers "Rising Star" - Creditor Debtor Rights (2018)
Associations and Memberships
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees (NABT), Member (2018-Present)
- American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI), Member (2015-Present)
- International Women in Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC) Wisconsin Network, Vice Chair (2018-Present)
- Next Generation of Lawyers - Accepted at the National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges, Member (2018)
- Western District Bankruptcy Bar, Vice Chair (2015); Chair (2016-2017)
- Wisconsin State Bar Association, Member (2010-Present)
- Dane County Bar Association, Member (2011-Present)
- Downtown Madison Optimist Club, President (2014); Board member (2013-2014); Member (2010-2015)
- "Undisclosed Assets and Causes of Action", American Bankruptcy Trustee Journal (Spring 2016)
- "New Bankruptcy Rules, Forms and Fees You Must Know!" - National Business Institute (2015)
- “Top 9 Complications in Bankruptcy” - National Business Institute (2014)