As the marketing director for Murphy Desmond, Amy Gores is responsible for the firm’s marketing processes that include advertising, public relations, website management (including SEO), social media, content marketing, online directories, and overall brand management. She directs and assists attorneys with individual marketing efforts and online reputation management, and markets the firm and its numerous practice areas.
Amy also oversees the firm's sponsorships and charitable contributions programs. She sets and manages the marketing budget for all marketing programs and processes. Amy works closely with vendors, advertising reps, service providers, ad agencies, digital marketing companies, chambers of commerce, industry associations, and charitable organizations on behalf of the firm.
Prior to joining the firm, Amy managed branding functions, marketing, corporate communications, event/meeting planning, and incentive program processes for a large insurance company. Early in her career, she handled public relations for a non-profit organization. Amy is a member of the American Marketing Association (AMA), the Legal Marketing Association (LMA), and Public Relations Society of America (PRSA). She is currently earning her Accreditation in Public Relations (APR) through PRSA, and enjoys freelance writing in her spare time.
- UW-Madison School of Journalism, BA - Public Relations, Advertising
Associations and Memberships
- American Marketing Association, Member ((2014-Present))
- Public Relations Society of America, Member (2014-Present)
- Legal Marketing Association, Member (2005-Present)
- Insurance Conference Planners Association, Member (2000-2006)
- Madison Chapter of International Association of Business Communicators (IABC), Member (1992-2006)
- Gilda's Club - PR Committee (2014-2017)
- DECA, District Career Development Conference - Judge
- Friends of MSCR - Board Member (2010-Present)
- United Way Rosenberry Society – Member (2006-2008)
- City of Madison Sesquicentennial Commission – Commission Member (2005-2006)
- United Way Day of Caring - Volunteer
- Salvation Army Toys for Tots - Volunteer