As the marketing director for Murphy Desmond, Amy Gores is responsible for the firm’s marketing processes that include advertising, public relations, website management, SEO, SEM, social media, content production, content marketing, online directories, and overall brand management. She markets the firm and its numerous practice areas, and assists attorneys with individual marketing efforts and online reputation management.
Amy also oversees the firm's sponsorships and charitable contributions programs. She sets and manages the marketing budget for all marketing programs and functions. Amy works closely with vendors, advertising reps, service providers, ad agencies, digital marketing companies, chambers of commerce, industry associations, and charitable organizations on behalf of the firm.
Prior to joining the firm, Amy managed branding, marketing, corporate communications, event/meeting planning, and incentive programs for a large insurance company. Early in her career, she handled public relations for a non-profit organization. Amy is a member of the American Marketing Association (AMA), the Legal Marketing Association (LMA), and Public Relations Society of America (PRSA).
- UW-Madison School of Journalism, BA - Public Relations, Advertising
Associations and Memberships
- American Marketing Association, Member ((2014-Present))
- Public Relations Society of America, Member (2014-Present)
- Legal Marketing Association, Member (2005-Present)
- Insurance Conference Planners Association, Member (2000-2006)
- Madison Chapter of International Association of Business Communicators (IABC), Member (Past)
- Gilda's Club - PR Committee (2014-2017)
- DECA, District Career Development Conference - Judge (Past)
- Friends of MSCR - Board Member (2010-2019)
- United Way Rosenberry Society – Member (Past)
- City of Madison Sesquicentennial Commission – Commission Member (2005-2006)
- United Way Day of Caring - Volunteer
- Salvation Army Toys for Tots - Volunteer