Charles G. Center was admitted to practice law in Wisconsin in 1968 and in Ohio in 1969 where he served as a Volunteer in Service to America. He has practiced law in Wisconsin since 1969 and currently serves in an of counsel capacity for Murphy Desmond. His practice includes representing businesses and individuals in the areas of real estate, estate planning, bankruptcy, elder law and probate.
He has been an active member of the Madison community, where he has served on the Mayor's Committee for Formation of a Municipal Court and is serving as chairman of the City of Madison Ethics Board. He has been a long time member of the Rotary Club of Madison where he served as a director and committee chair and as secretary/treasurer of the Madison Rotary Foundation. He has also served on the boards and as an officer of the Visiting Nurse Service, the University Hill Farms Neighborhood Association, the Van Hise Elementary School PTO, the Badger Dolphins Swim Club, and Condominium Home Owners Association.
- Ohio, 1969
- Wisconsin, 1968
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1969
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin, 1969
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin, 1969
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1970
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, 1968, J.D.
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, 1965, B.B.A. Major: Accounting
Associations and Memberships
- Condominium Home Owners Association, Board Member (2017-Present)
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Van Hise Elementary School PTO, Past Officer/Board Member
- University Hill Farms Neighborhood Association, Past Officer/Board Member
- City of Madison Ethics Board, Chairman (2007 - 2008); Member (1995-2008)
- Mayor's Committee, Formation of a Municipal Court, Member
- Western District Bankruptcy Bar Association, First Chairman
- Legal Aid Society of Dane County, Member and Officer (1976-1978)
- Visiting Nurse Service, Past Officer/Board Member (1973-1975)
- Badger Dophins, Inc., Past Officer/Board Member (1990-1992)
- Madison Rotary Foundation, Secretary-Treasurer (1982-1991)
- Rotary Club of Madison, Past Director/Committee Chair (1972-2006)