Attorney Glorily A. López exclusively practices U.S. immigration and nationality law, assisting individuals, families, corporate clients, students, and members of the LGBTQ community. Her experience includes extensive work with individual, family, employment, and business-based petitions, as well as consular processing, naturalization, citizenship, and removal defense.
Attorney López has earned a solid reputation as one of the top immigration attorneys in Wisconsin and nationally. She has been included on lists for Best Lawyers® in America since 2005 (including "Madison Lawyer of the Year - Immigration" in 2019, 2016 and 2013). She was named a Wisconsin Super Lawyers® Rising Stars in Immigration Law earlier in her career. In 2016, she was named one of "Wisconsin's 48 Most Powerful Latinos" by Madison365. She is rated "10.0-Superb" on Avvo.com and was given the Avvo "Clients' Choice Award" in 2012.
Attorney López is an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), the national association of attorneys and law professors who practice and teach immigration law. Founded in 1946, AILA is a nonpartisan, not-for-profit organization that provides continuing legal education, information to the public, professional services, and expertise through its 39 chapters and over 50 national liaison committees.
Attorney López has served on the Board of Governors of AILA at the national level, and held various officer positions including AILA Wisconsin Chapter Chair, Vice-Chair, and Treasurer. She has also established and maintained liaison relationships to various important government agencies including U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (USICE), U.S. Customs and Border Protection (USCBP), and Wisconsin Department of Transportation Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Her long-standing membership and participation with AILA allows her to stay current on changes to immigration laws, policies and regulations, and provide up-to-date advice to her clients in high-stake and time-sensitive issues.
An ardent advocate for comprehensive immigration reform, Attorney López maintains ongoing contact with members of the Wisconsin congressional delegation in Washington D.C. regarding issues, such as comprehensive immigration reform, H-1B, DACA, and family and employment-based immigration reform. She has also traveled to Washington, D.C. to regularly meet with local congressional staffers to discuss immigration issues affecting businesses, individuals, and families.
Prior to joining Murphy Desmond as a shareholder and immigration practice group leader in 2012, Attorney López was the principal attorney at López Law Group, an immigration boutique firm she founded and managed for more than 11 years.
Attorney López is fluent in English and Spanish, and provides bilingual representation to her clients in all matters including DACA and other updates, travel bans, Form I-9 processes for employers, and more.
Listen to La Movida radio station (WLMV 94.5 FM and 1480 AM) in Madison for Attorney López’s call in/text in/Facebook live radio show Inmigración al Día one Friday morning per month between 10:00am and 11:00am.
Attorney López is a frequent resource for local media and in the community regarding various immigration topics.
- Miami Herald - Lopez interviewed for an article entitled "U.S. Consulates Abusing Their Discretion to Stop Legal Immigration, Lawyers Say" (July 2019)
- Madison365.com - López interviewed for article in Madison365.com regarding POTUS threats of massive deportations (June 2019)
- WMTV – Lopez interviewed for "Life in Limbo for Dreamers in Dane County" (March 2018)
- All About Living radio show with Carol Koby – López interviewed regarding the history and current status of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) (November 2017)
- League of Women Voters of Wisconsin – “Current Immigration Issues: Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), Dreamers, and Current Trends” keynote speech at 2017 Issues Briefing (October 2017)
- WKOW – “Impact of DACA Elimination on Wisconsin" interview with host Greg Neumann on Capital City Sunday (September 2017)
- TEMPO Madison – “Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals – Policy, Eligibility and Current Trends” presentation for TEMPO members (August 2017)
- In Business Magazine – Regarding the impact of the latest immigration policies on business owners (April 2017)
- WKOW – Immigration lawyers respond to recent executive orders on the ban (2017)
- WMTV – “United We Stand” conference, Lopez speaks to group (January 2017)
- WKOW – López interviewed regarding the farming industry and immigration in Wisconsin (2016)
- Wisconsin, 2001
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit, 2003
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2004
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin, 2001
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, 2000, J.D.
- University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, Minnesota, 1996, B.A.
Awards & Recognition
- Best Lawyers in America - Immigration Law (2007 - 2021)
- Madison Lawyer of the Year-Immigration Law, Best Lawyers in America (2019, 2016, 2013)
- Rated 10.0 "Superb" on Avvo.com
- Top 3 Immigration Lawyers- Madison, ThreeBestRated (2016, 2019)
- Global Who’s Who Top Lawyers (2014 - 2019)
- Si se Puede: Wisconsin's 48 Most Powerful Latinos, Madison365 (2016)
- Wisconsin Super Lawyers® Rising Stars (2006 - 2013)
- AVVO "Clients' Choice Award" (2012)
- Named a "Top Lawyer" - Immigration Law, Madison Magazine (2003 - 2009)
Associations and Memberships
- AILA Rome District Chapter, Member (2020)
- University of Minnesota President’s Club, Alumni Heritage Society (2019-present)
- University of Wisconsin Foundation, Wisconsin Legacy Society, Member (2019-present)
- Chicago Bar Association, Member (2018-present)
- AILA Latin America and Caribbean Chapter, Member (2012 - present)
- AILA Minnesota/Dakotas Chapter, Member (2018 - present)
- AILA Chicago Chapter, Member (2010 - present)
- AILA Wisconsin Chapter, Member (2001 - present)
- State Bar of Wisconsin (2001 - present)
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), Member (2001 - present)
- AILA, Board of Governors (2009 - 2011)
- AILA Wisconsin, Chapter Chair (2009 - 2011)
- AILA Wisconsin Chapter Vice Chair (2007 - 2009); Treasurer (2005 - 2007)
- AILA Congressional Liaison (2004 - present)
- AILA Wisconsin Chapter, Committee Chair, USICE Liaison (2012 - present)
- AILA Wisconsin Chapter, Committee Chair, USCBP Liaison
- AILA Wisconsin Chapter, Committee Chair, Wisconsin DMV (2016 - present)
- American Immigration Council, Member (2001 - present)
- Federal Bar Association, Immigration Law Section (2012 - present)
- Federal Bar Association, Member (2001-present)
- National Immigration Project of the National Lawyers Guild (2002 - present)
- Dane County Bar Association (2012 - present)
- Wisconsin Hispanic Lawyers Association (WHLA), Board of Governors (2005 - 2007; 2013 - 2015)
- Latino Chamber of Commerce, Business Member (2010 - present)
- Latino Professionals Association of Greater Madison, Member (2013 - present)
- Greater Madison Chamber of Commerce, Board Member (2012 - 2014)
- Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM), Member (2014 - present)
- National Association of Foreign Student Advisors (NAFSA), Member (2014 - 2020)
- LGBT Bar Association of Wisconsin, Member (2014 - present)
- TEMPO Madison, Member (2017-2019)
- Interviewed for “Descubriendo Contigo: Noticias y Recursos en Espanol” on Fitchburg Access Community Television – FACTv (July 2020)
- Interviewed for “New federal rule puts 5,800 UW-Madison international students at risk” on WORT 89.9FM Madison (July 2020)
- "Making sense of Trump's first executive orders on immigration" In Business magazine (January 2017)
- Interviewed for "What's Hot, What's Not: Wisconsin Practice Trends 2017" on topic of immigration law in Wisconsin Lawyer magazine (February 2017)
- Interviewed for “Are Workforce Woes Ahead?” In Business magazine (April 2017)
- Interviewed for feature article: "Buy American, Doing the Tighten Up," In Business magazine (August 2017)
- "The Flow of Employee Talent -- Non-immigrant Employment Business Visas," Legal Netlink Alliance (LNA) Global Meeting, New Orleans, Louisiana (May 2019)
- “Current Immigration Issues – Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), Dreamers, and Current Trends,” League of Women Voters of Wisconsin (October 2017)
- "Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals – Policy, Eligibility and Current Trends," TEMPO Madison (August 2017)
- “Immigration Impact of Supreme Court Decision on Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA)” (August 2013)
- “New Rule for the I601A Application for Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver” (March 2013)
- “Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)” (August 2012)