Harvey L. Wendel
- (608) 669-7892 (cell)
- (608) 257-2508
Harvey L. Wendel
Attorney Harvey Wendel has 60 years of experience representing clients in real estate development and financing, including sales and acquisitions. Harvey also practiced in alternative dispute resolution as an Abitrator. Rated AV (top rating) by Martindale-Hubbell/lawyers.com, and recognized as a "Top Lawyer" in 2003 by Madison Magazine, Harvey serves in an of-counsel capacity at Murphy Desmond.
Throughout his career, Harvey has been an active member of the State Bar of Wisconsin and Dane County Bar Association. He currently serves on the Board and Executive Committee as Vice Chair of the James E. Doyle American Inns of Court. He was appointed to serve as a Member of the Wisconsin Supreme Court Office of Lawyer Regulations (OLR) District 9 Committee. He has participated on the Appointment Selection Committee of the Wisconsin Supreme Court since 2019.
Previously, Harvey was past Chairman and past President of the Wisconsin State Bar Senior Lawyers Division. He was a Director of the Dane County Bar Association and served as Membership Co-Chair, as well as a member of the Courthouse Committee. He served as an Arbitrator as a member of the Panel of Neutrals of the American Arbitration Association Board of Arbitrators. From 2005 to 2013, Harvey was a member of the Wisconsin Supreme Court Board of Administrative Oversight, which monitors the State of Wisconsin Attorney Regulation System.
In addition to his numerous roles in the legal community, Harvey has served on the boards of Madison-area banks and as a Board Member and past President of Friends of Madison School & Community Recreation (MSCR). He continues to volunteer his time with MSCR as a pontoon boat driver.
- Wisconsin, 1963
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin, 1963
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, 1963, J.D.
- University of Wisconsin - Madison, 1960, B.B.A.
Awards & Recognition
- Rated AV Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell/Lawyers.com
- Fellows of the Wisconsin Law Foundation (2011 Inductee); Board of Trustees Member
- "Volunteer of the Year" Award, Madison School & Community Recreation (2009)
- "Top Lawyer" in Alternative Dispute Resolution, Madison Magazine (2003)
- "Special Service Award"- renamed the "Harvey L. Wendel Special Service Award", Dane County Bar Association (2013)
Associations and Memberships
- American Inns of Court, Master of the Bench, Vice Chair and Executive Committee Member (2017 - Present)
- Supreme Court of Wisconsin, Appointment Selection Committee (2019 - 2022)
- Supreme Court of Wisconsin, Office of Lawyer Regulation (OLR), District 9 Committee (2015 - Present)
- Wisconsin Law Foundation Fellows, Board of Trustees, Board Member (2017 - Present)
- Friends of Madison School & Community Recreation (MSCR), Board of Directors (Past); Board President (Past); Volunteer
- Dane County Bar Association, Mentorship Program, Mentor
- Dane County Bar Association, Senior Lawyers Section, Member
- Dane County Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Board of Governors (multiple terms between 1986 and 2007); Member
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Senior Lawyers Division, President (2005 - 2006); Board of Directors (Past)
- Supreme Court of Wisconsin, Board of Administrative Oversight (2005 - 2013)
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Fee Arbitration Panel (2015 - Present)
- Presenter, State Bar of Wisconsin Seminars and Conventions (Past)
- Lecturer, University of Wisconsin Law School, Office Management, General Practice Course (Past)
Since 2000, Harvey has volunteered with Friends of Madison School & Community Recreation (MSCR), which provides financial support of public recreational and enrichment activities, including serving as past President of the Board. Harvey currently volunteers as a Captain in the MSCR Pontoon Boat program, which provides summer tours of the Madison lakes for children, adults, and people with disabilities.