Attorney Julianne Brock focuses her legal practice on family law issues, including divorce, collaborative divorce, paternity, marital agreements (prenuptial and postnuptial agreements), legal separation, post-divorce matters, child support, maintenance/alimony, and grandparents’ rights. Julianne serves clients in the firm's Madison, Janesville, and Dodgeville offices. In addition to family law, Julianne assists with litigation and business legal matters.
Prior to joining Murphy Desmond, Julianne was a legal intern with in-house counsel for a Belgium software company and in-house counsel for a Wisconsin-based life sciences company, where she gained experience in business law and intellectual property.
As a Student Associate with the Frank J. Remington Center’s Family Law Project, Julianne assisted Wisconsin inmates with their family law matters.
During her time at the University of Wisconsin Law School, Julianne was the Senior Managing Article Editor for the Wisconsin Journal of Law, Gender, and Society. She competed on the Moot Court team and led discussion groups for visiting international law students. In addition, Julianne volunteered over 100 hours of her time to various pro bono projects, earning her the “Award of Distinction” from the University of Wisconsin Pro Bono Society. Julianne also received an award for “Family Law” by the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers-Wisconsin Chapter.
In her spare time, Julianne immerses herself in baking, podcasts, and enjoying all that Madison, Wisconsin, has to offer.
- Wisconsin, 2019
- University of Wisconsin Law School, Madison, Wisconsin, 2019, J.D.
- Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, 2016, B.S. Civil Engineering
Awards & Recognition
- Award of Distinction, University of Wisconsin Pro Bono Society (2019)
- Award for Family Law, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Wisconsin Chapter (2019)
Associations and Memberships
- Wisconsin State Bar Association, Member (2019-present)
- Dane County Bar Association, Member (2019-present)