Attorney Lane Rideout represents business clients in an array of legal matters, including entity formation, operating agreements, business planning, contracts, employment matters, real estate transactions, and succession planning.
Lane has provided legal assistance to a variety of business industries, including significant work with tech startups. She counsels businesses on strategic planning, human resources matters, leases, regulatory matters, taxes, and more. Lane is experienced in drafting and negotiating contracts with vendors, employees, business landlords, and other third-party operations impacting a business.
In employment law, Lane has assisted independent contractors, employers, and employees with a range of issues including wages, employee classification, non-compete agreements, discrimination, harassment, and employment best practices. In addition, Lane counsels employees with regard to employment offers and severance agreements.
Prior to joining Murphy Desmond in 2022, Lane served as Principal Attorney of her own firm in Colorado. As a solo practitioner, Lane formed and oversaw operations of several tech startup companies, and she maintains her Colorado license. Early in her career, Lane practiced public pension law in Massachusetts. Lane is available to assist clients in the firm’s Madison, Janesville, and Dodgeville, Wisconsin offices.
- Federal District Court, District of Colorado
- US Bankruptcy Court, District of Colorado
- University of Texas School of Law, 2005, J.D.
- Trinity University, 2002, B.A. English & Political Science
Honors: Cum Laude
Associations and Memberships
- Legal Association of Women, Member
- National Employment Lawyers Association, Member
- Boulder County Bar Association, Former Co-Chair Business Law Section
- University of Texas Law School Alumni Association, Member
- TAG Magnet Alumni Association, Member
- Coal Creek Meals on Wheels, Former Board Member
- Texas Exes, Member
- "The Aftermath of a Client’s Death", Boulder County Bar Association Newsletter (May 2021)