Attorney Mark Maciolek represents clients in criminal defense, bankruptcy, litigation, bankruptcy crimes, civil firearms rights and similar litigation matters in federal and state courts. Maciolek’s federal experience includes assisting clients charged with complex commercial crimes, federal conspiracy crimes, immigration crime, white collar crimes, federal firearms crimes, and many other areas. He handles state criminal matters and related areas, such as ordinance violations and juvenile defense. He also handles post-conviction proceedings, appeals, and habeas-corpus matters, especially in connection with the immigration practice group clients at the firm.
A shareholder at Murphy Desmond S.C., Maciolek is also a civil litigator with jury trial experience in state and federal courts. He practices in both trial courts and courts of appeals. His bankruptcy practice includes bankruptcy litigation.
Maciolek is bilingual and frequently assists Spanish-speaking clients. Prior to joining Murphy Desmond in 2013, Maciolek was a solo practitioner in Madison, Wisconsin. He is rated "Superb" on Avvo.com and was named a "Rising Star" in Criminal Defense Law by Wisconsin Super Lawyers.
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, 2005, J.D.
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, 2000, B.A.
Associations and Memberships
- Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member (2005-Present)
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member (2005-Present)
- James E. Doyle American Inn of Courts
- Mention, "Sex assault charge against Lyft driver dismissed, trial next week canceled" in The Wisconsin State Journal (January 2020)