Attorney Nicole Pellerin focuses her practice on bankruptcy and insolvency litigation. She represents individual and business debtors and creditors in all chapters of bankruptcy and other insolvency proceedings, including creditor's committees in Chapter 11. She has represented Chapter 7 Trustees across Wisconsin and receivers in state court receiverships.
In 2018, Nicole was appointed to the Panel of Chapter 7 Trustees for the Western District of Wisconsin. She has served as a Panel Trustee in the Western District of Wisconsin, as well as the Northern District of Illinois.
Nicole is a member of various bankruptcy organizations, and she previously served as Associate Editor of the "American Bankruptcy Trustee Journal," a publication of the National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees.
Nicole is a Shareholder and Co-Chair of Murphy Desmond's Creditor Rights, Business Bankruptcy & Commercial Litigation Practice Group. She is included on lists for Best Lawyers in America in Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, as well as Wisconsin Super Lawyers in Creditor Debtor Rights.
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D.
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.A. Psychology
Awards & Recognition
Associations and Memberships
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees (NABT), Member (2015-Present)
- American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI), Member (2015-Present)
- International Women in Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC) Wisconsin Network, Vice Chair (2018-2019)
- Next Generation of Lawyers - Accepted at the National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges, Member (2018)
- Western District Bankruptcy Bar, Vice Chair (2015); Chair (2016-2017)
- Wisconsin State Bar Association, Member (2010-Present)
- Dane County Bar Association, Member (2011-Present)
- Downtown Madison Optimist Club, President (2014); Board member (2013-2014); Member (2010-2015)
- "Undisclosed Assets and Causes of Action", American Bankruptcy Trustee Journal (Spring 2016)
- "Tips for Trustees Using Video for 341 Meetings", Region 11 Chapter 7 Trustee Seminar (2021)
- "Case Law Update", Region 11 Chapter 7 Panel Trustee Seminar (2018)
- "New Bankruptcy Rules, Forms and Fees You Must Know!" - National Business Institute (2015)
- “Top 9 Complications in Bankruptcy” - National Business Institute (2014)