Criminal defense attorney Nils Wyosnick defends clients in Wisconsin and Illinois who need legal representation in felony and misdemeanor offenses, Operating While Intoxicated (OWI/DUI) offenses, as well as traffic offenses including reckless driving, aggravated speeding, and driving with suspended or revoked license. Nils has extensive experience in defending a wide range of criminal offenses such as drug charges, juvenile defense, burglary, theft, and battery.
Nils began his legal career as a prosecutor for the Cook County State's Attorney's Office in Chicago in 2011. As an Assistant State's Attorney, Nils prosecuted in some of the busiest courtrooms in the nation, gaining extensive trial work experience.
In 2014, Nils left the State's Attorney's office for private practice where he continued his experience in trial practice by defending people charged with crimes and DUI offenses throughout the Chicago metropolitan area. In 2017, Nils and his family relocated from Chicago to Madison, where he opened his own law practice, Wyosnick Legal, LLC, and represented clients charged with crimes and DUI/OWI offenses throughout Wisconsin and Illinois. He joined Murphy Desmond S.C. in 2022, where he continues representing clients in all levels of felony, misdemeanor and DUI crimes.
Nils has significant jury and bench trial experience in Wisconsin and Illinois, and has litigated countless evidentiary hearings. In addition to his trial skills, Nils is experienced in working with clients from all walks of life. He appreciates the stress and anxiety that accompany criminal charges. As a result, Nils advocates for the rights of his clients by striving to address his clients’ concerns, ensuring they remain fully informed about their case, and providing sound legal advice.
Nils is recognized as a top trial lawyer by Super Lawyers, Avvo.com and Justia.com. He regularly presents on OWI-related topics for the Wisconsin State Bar Association. In addition to his membership in the Wisconsin State Bar, Nils is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the National College of DUI Defense, the Northwest Suburban Bar Association (Illinois), and the Dane County Criminal Defense Bar Association.
- University of Illinois-Chicago School of Law, 2011, J.D.
- Edgewood College, 2006, B.S. Political Science
Awards & Recognition
- Rated 10.0 "Superb" on Avvo.com
- Rated 10.0 on Justia.com
- Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" (2018-2021)
- "Client's Choice Award" on Avvo.com
- "10 Best" Attorney Selection for Illinois Criminal Law, American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys
Associations and Memberships
- Wisconsin State Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National College of DUI Defense
- Northwest Suburban Bar Association (Illinois)
- Dane County Criminal Defense Bar Association
- "Basics of Collaterally Attacking Prior OWI Convictions", Wisconsin State Bar Association (May 2021)
- "Representing Illinois Clients Charged with Wisconsin OWI", Wisconsin State Bar Association (May 2021)
- "The Consequences of Traffic Violations for Illinois Drivers", Wisconsin State Bar Association (May 2019)