- (608) 268-5589
Attorney Nils Wyosnick's legal practice emphasizes criminal defense and litigation in Wisconsin and Illinois.
Nils has a broad background representing clients charged with felony and misdemeanor crimes, Operating While Intoxicated (OWI/DUI), and traffic offenses including reckless driving, aggravated speeding, and driving with a suspended or revoked license. He has defended a wide range of criminal offenses such as drug possession, juvenile defense, burglary, theft, battery, and domestic abuse accusations.
Nils has significant litigation experience involving jury trials, bench trials, and probable cause hearings. He works with clients from all walks of life and understands the stress and anxiety that accompany criminal and drunk driving allegations. Nils dedicates himself to being an advocate for his clients, and he strives to ensure that their rights are protected. As a result, Nils has has been recognized on lists for Wisconsin Super Lawyers Rising Stars, and he is hightly rated on various online lawyer directories.
A Shareholder with Murphy Desmond, Nils began his legal career in Chicago, where he worked as a prosecutor for the Cook County State's Attorney's Office. He went into private practice with a Chicago-based boutique firm, where he practiced criminal defense and professional license defense throughout Illinois. In 2017, Nils opened a solo practice law firm in Madison, WIsconsin, where he represented clients throughout Wisconsin. He joined Murphy Desmond in 2022.
Nils has led presentations on criminal law topics for the Wisconsin State Bar Association and the Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. In addition to his membership in the Wisconsin State Bar, Nils is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association, the Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the American Bar Association, the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the National College of DUI Defense, the Northwest Suburban Bar Association (Illinois), and the Dane County Criminal Defense Bar Association.
Nils is available to meet with clients in Murphy Desmond's Madison, Janesville, and Dodgeville offices, or virtually as needed. He serves clients thoughout Wisconsin and northern Illinois.
- University of Illinois-Chicago School of Law, 2011, J.D.
- Edgewood College, 2006, B.S. Political Science
Awards & Recognition
- Rated 10.0 "Superb" on Avvo.com
- Rated 10.0 on Justia.com
- Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" (2018-2022)
- "Client's Choice Award" on Avvo.com
- "10 Best" Attorney Selection for Illinois Criminal Law, American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys
Associations and Memberships
- Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Wisconsin State Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National College of DUI Defense
- Northwest Suburban Bar Association (Illinois)
- Dane County Criminal Defense Bar Association
- "Practical Insights and Tools From the Neighboring Jurisdiction", Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers Annual Conference (April 2022)
- "Basics of Collaterally Attacking Prior OWI Convictions", Wisconsin State Bar Association (May 2021)
- "Representing Illinois Clients Charged with Wisconsin OWI", Wisconsin State Bar Association (May 2021)
- "The Consequences of Traffic Violations for Illinois Drivers", Wisconsin State Bar Association (May 2019)