Fox Valley Attorney Roy Fine focuses his legal practice on business transactions, real estate, finance, estate planning, probate, mergers and acquisitions, and intellectual property. Roy has helped guide numerous start-up businesses and medium-sized companies to the next level through sound business planning, trademarks and copyright, contract negotiations and drafting, buy-sell agreements, employment issues, and real estate matters. He has also worked with mature companies and family businesses to successfully transition to the next generation or to new ownership through proactive business succession practices, and he has facilitated the resolution of numerous shareholder disputes.
In estate planning, Roy helps couples and individuals prepare unique wills and trusts that effectively transfer legacies to their heirs, with special attention to tax implications. He is able to assist with prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, complex estate planning for couples in second marriages, charitable giving, special needs trusts, real estate and property matters, digital assets, fiduciary disputes, and probate matters.
A shareholder with Murphy Desmond, Roy has over 35 years of serving business and estate planning clients in the Fox Cities. He is rated AV (top rating) by Martindale-Hubbell and lawyers.com, and is involved with various business and legal groups in Wisconsin. Roy is active in the community through memberships related to his personal interests and talents, including his work as a musician with the Fox Valley Symphony since 1986, his volunteer work to support the Multiple Sclerosis Society-Wisconsin Chapter, and participating in 5K charity runs.
Roy is available to serve clients in the firm’s Appleton and Madison offices.
- Wisconsin, 1982
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin, 1982
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin, 1986
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 1983
- University of Wisconsin Law School, Madison, Wisconsin, 1982, J.D.
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, 1979, B.A.
Awards & Recognition
- AV Rated (top rating), Martindale-Hubbell/Lawyers.com
Associations and Memberships
- Wisconsin State Bar Association, Member (1982-Present)
- Winnebago County Bar Association, Mermber (1986-Present)
- Fox Valley Symphony Orchestra, Musician (1986-Present); Board-Secretary (1995-1999)
- Future Neenah, Inc., Board of Directors (1993-1995)
- Fox Cities British Car Club, Member (2001-Present)
- Wisconsin Jaguars, Ltd., Member (1991-Present)
- Bergstrom-Mahler Museum of Glass, Board of Directors (2013-Present)
- Neenah Community Band, Musician (1986-1992)
- Fox Valley Road and Track Classic to benefit the National Multiple Sclerosis Society-Wisconsin Chapter (annual fundraiser), Founder/ Organizer (2000-Present)
- Articles in InSight and B2B magazines regarding business organizations and succession planning
- “Estate Planning for Glass Collectors,” Presenter, Searching for Excellence: Leaving a Legacy Symposium (September 2017)
- Fox Valley Technical College, Venture Center classes (2009-2012)
- Programs on business organizations and estate planning
Roy has a love of old cars and symphony music. Roy and his two sons restore sports and collector cars, as they are passionate about saving these special vehicles from the scrap yard. In addition, Roy plays the trombone in the Fox Valley Symphony and has had the pleasure of playing alongside famous guest artists including jazz trumpeter Doc Severinsen, Art Garfunkel, and Dennis DeYoung of STYX.