Scott Salemi is an accomplished litigator having successfully tried nearly 60 cases to jury verdict in many different practice areas, including personal injury, property damage, medical malpractice, and civil rights, in both State and Federal Courts.
As a State prosecutor and later an Assistant Attorney General assigned to the state-wide Special Prosecutions and Trial Assistance Bureau, Scott tried 25 first-degree murder cases to jury verdict, with a focus later in his career with cases involving the death of children.
Since that time, Scott has practiced civil litigation representing all different types of clients from individuals to multi-national corporations, and professionals in areas such as medicine, transportation, farming, construction, and manufacturing.
Scott currently handles select cases which are often complex litigation involving substantial losses or serious injuries. He is frequently sought by national counsels to serve as local trial counsel for their organizations.
Scott donates his time to representing animal rescue organizations defending abused animals.
Scott works closely with other Murphy Desmond lawyers by assisting the firm’s existing clients and their families with litigation issues that arise in their businesses and personal lives. While based in the Murphy Desmond’s Madison office, Scott is available by appointment in the firm’s offices in Janesville and Dodgeville, Wisconsin. Scott is available to represent litigation clients in Wisconsin and Illinois.
Among his career honors, Scott was recognized from 2014-2019 by Law Bulletin Media as an “Illinois Leading Lawyer” in medical malpractice and personal injury. Less than 5% of all lawyers licensed in each state receive such distinction.
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
- United States District Court, Central District of Illinois
- United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois (Trial Bar)
- Northern Illinois University College of Law, DeKalb, Illinois, 1992, J.D.
- DePauw University, Greencastle, Indiana, 1989, B.A. Political Science
Awards & Recognition
- Illinois Leading Lawyer: Medical Malpractice Defense Law, Law Bulletin Media (2014-2019)
- Illinois Leading Lawyer: Personal Injury Defense Law-General, Law Bulletin Media (2014-2019)
Associations and Memberships
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Wisconsin State Bar Association