Vern has substantial expertise representing clients on a wide variety of real estate transactions including purchase and sale of real estate, refinance, real estate leases, tax deferred exchanges, real estate development, environmental issues, municipal approvals, formation of real estate owning entities, senior housing and assisted living facilities, and condominium development and conversion.
In addition, Vern assists a number of businesses with many of the legal issues which confront business owners including purchase and sale of businesses, contract matters, collections and foreclosures, employee issues and formation of business entities such as corporations, limited liability companies and limited liability partnerships.
Vern has previously served on the Murphy Desmond Board of Directors, including a number of years as Board Chairman. He is listed in Best Lawyers in America in real estate law and is rated "Superb" on Avvo.com.
When not serving his clients, Vern enjoys spending time with his wife and their four children, as well as many outdoor activities.
- Wisconsin, 1989
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin, 1989
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, 1989, J.D.
- University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point, 1986, B.S.
Awards & Recognition
Associations and Memberships
- State Bank of Cross Plains, Board of Directors (2015-Present)
- Roman Catholic Diocese of Madison, Diocesan Finance Council (2010 - Present)
- American Red Cross Badger Chapter, Board of Directors (2009 - 2019)
- Madison Area Builders Association, Associate Member (1998 - Present)
- REALTORS Association of South Central Wisconsin, Inc., Board of Directors, 2007 - 2008; Affiliate Member, 1995-Present
- Wisconsin Bank & Trust, Board of Directors (2011 - 2013)
- Town of Middleton Plan Commission, Member (1999 - 2004)
- Dane County Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Member